12.12.2008

colors

One cool thing about my new apartment is that the landlady is letting me pick colors for when she repaints. I'm tempted to do something trendy* but doubt I would actually go through with something like that. Maybe just for the bathroom or something....

The main living space is my main concern. In our house, we have a big red couch and a little red loveseat. I will be taking the loveseat with me. In an attempt to make my apartment all homey and awesome (because our house is both homey and awesome), I had the thought that I could have the apartment living room painted the same color as the living room in my house. 

Is that weird? 









*like purple, because I am loving purple right now.

4 comments:

Belle said...

I totally understand; I couldn't do a roomie either, and painting is one of the first things I do when I move into any place. And the landlady is trying too, which is a good sign.

Visiting dog/cat/husband good things too!

Unbalanced Reaction said...

That's so cool that you can pick the paint. I've lived with white walls for so long that I can't even think of what would be good colors. Since I'm hoping to get a house in the next three years or so, this may turn out to be a tad problematic.

Albatross said...

Belle- she seems to be really great. I think I lucked out!

Unbalanced- even if you don't like the colors you pick for your house you can always change them!

EcoGeoFemme said...

I think it's completely sensible to paint the new place the same as the old. First of all because a red couch is a lot of look and there probably aren't all that many colors that would look good with it. But mostly, I think it would create some nice continuity in your lives, since you will be doing some back-and-forth visiting styles.