10.25.2008

Comments on Chapter 1

I sent my advisor a draft of Chapter 1 yesterday. It was still missing most of a discussion but he was willing to read it anyway.  Most of his comments are in the intro.   Here are a couple of real gems....
"C’mon, give a guy a break.  This is too long to remember!"
After the first paragraph....
"the sentences are written fine but the paragraph is essentially a list that doesn’t have a clear direction"
But then after the first sentence of the second paragraph...
"huh?, I need some foreplay on this…maybe telling me about all the (specific things) first…which probably would be a good Introduction paragraph"

Gee, like the 'list' that you told me was directionless?

And the best.....
"I don’t understand what is the point of the previous paragraph.  I don’t think you are going to test this with your experiments"

I'm very glad we are on the same page as to what the point of my experiment was.....the next few weeks are going to painful......

4 comments:

Laurie K said...

Ha! I am only laughing because I can relate. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

I love the "I need some foreplay on this" comment.

I actually got a grocery list on one of my things that I gave mine to read.

ScienceGirl said...

I hope you two can get on the same page and this gets easier from now on out!

ScienceGirl said...

tag!